Yes, it's fascinating how Andorrans manage to navigate the balance of power
and remain independent. They have two heads of state (the co-princes): one
still is the Bishop of Urgell, and the other is the President of France
(Nicolas Sarkozy, now), as successor of the kings of France, who succeeded
the Counts of Foix.

They are the largest country in the world whose head of state is a priest
(that may change, though, if Huckabee wins the U.S. presidency B-)).

I'll try to write a ruleset for Andorra.

I have also noticed that one of the cities in the catalan list is not really
Catalan. Tolosa (Toulouse, in its French name) was Occitan. Occitans and
Catalans were traditional allies, and there were lots of ties between the
two nations, but they never had the same ruler. In fact, Vielha is another
city of Occitan culture, but it has been administratively Catalan for
centuries, and now Catalan, Spanish and Occitan are spoken there. So, Vielha
stays.

By the way, Occitania is another nation worth including in Freeciv: full of
legends about the Holy Grail; where troubadours flourished and spread the
Occitan poems all over Europe, ...

BTW, thanks everybody for a great discussion.

Joan