Hello:

Please consider adding the following additional switches to the
slow_down_timeline effect, for the purpose of making modpacks/scenarios:
    ¤ 25- or 20-year turn increments (or both);
    ¤ 10-year turn increments;
    ¤ 1-12 month increments.

The current effects only allow 5-, 2- or 1-year increments, and since
the game default is 50-year increments, using the effect is to
practically bring the timeline to a screeching halt.  Having these
additional options would allow smoother transitions and more varied effects.

I realize that FreeCiv is not CivII, and I don't really like to keep
mentioning it, but CivII allowed setting of the turn increment to
months, for the purpose of modpacks, and this feature was very nice for
scenarios with a limited time scope, in order to get the desired number
of turns into the game yet still have a realistic timeline.

FreeCiv-2.1.2 compiled from source code without errors or warnings of
any kind and running on Fedora 7 Linux.

Thanx and Regards,
Vince Schiavoni
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
"I may detest what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say
it." EB Hall, "Friends of Voltaire", 1906