Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:
> Any opinions about http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=1871 ?

I'm more in favor of http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=39413

I think Ulrik had some good ideas.  But there was an executive decision
not to add it in 2.1, and I'm not sure 2.2 will be ready for it....

Remember, the only features for 2.2 are the editor and new terrain.  There
are a few other things already added, such as generalized bases, but mostly
there's a lot of bugfixes, cleanup, and error logging (to find more bugs).

I'm hoping that once 2.2 is released, we can add import to 2.3 (and helpful
update of translation and graphics, just like 2.1).  Having the editor in
place will greatly aid testing the success of importing.

My preference would be to have actual Civ1/2/3 and AlphaCentauri savegames
for targets, and implement and test against them extensively.  We also need
to test popular scenarios and modpacks, to ensure they work harmoniously.

Now is not a good time to add anything new, as the current features of 2.1
(and thus 2.2) still crash regularly!  Let's get the noise level down first,
so this is actually "stable".

Hopefully, the project learned something from the battlegroup/goto/etc.
disaster that was 2.1....  We still don't have all clients working for all
the *standard* tilesets (an official purpose of 2.1)!