2008/1/18, William Allen Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Actually, it is a sentence
> fragment as part of:
>
>    "... %d content before penalty with %d additional unhappy citizens."
>
> The noun "citizens" is implied after adjective "content", so you have both
> content and unhappy citizens, even should that be 1 content and 0 unhappy.
> In English, this would always be plural (multiple instances of citizens).
>
> Sentence fragments like this are virtually impossible to translate.
> Therefore, I divided it into two clauses, each is now on a separate line,
> and each can be plural (range 0-21):
>
>    Cities: %d total, %d over threshold of %d cities.
>    %d content before penalty.
>    %d additional unhappy citizens.

Sorry. You are right that the previous sentence also needs to be
"pluralized", but I don't get why  they have to be moved to a separate
line.  They were already in separate strings, so they could be pluralized
independently. Can't we keep the "with"?

Moreover, nearly identical text appears in several different clients.
> These are all supposed to be in client/text.c, so I've moved this there,
> adding some TRANS comments.  Eventually, SDL and xaw should use this, too.

Very nice.