I have noticed lately that, for failed attacks, the usual message "Your
attacking whatever failed against the %s %s" doesn't appear. I don't see
why, because it even happens in squares that have other units (who should be
able to see the fight and "report" to the supreme leader).

I have checked both trunk and 2.1, and both seem to have this behaviour. I
have even tried an old saved game (from 2.0) with the same results. Is it on
purpose?

Joan