Joan Creus wrote:
> I've noticed that, in the last remodelation of helpdata.c, for trunk and 2.2,
> three strings which contained "50%%" have been changed to "50%". But two of
> them are still flagged as c-format,

That's very odd.  The other message doesn't have any problem:

   #: client/helpdata.c:1045
   msgid ""
   "* Must end turn in a city or next to land, or has a 50% risk of being lost "
   "at sea.\n"

The xgettext heuristic is guessing wrong for two cases.

> ... and msgfmt doesn't like them ("The
> format specifications of argument 1 in msgid and msgstr are not the same",
> and "msgstr is not a valid conversion specifier").

I don't get this warning, but it sounds like a good idea!  There are
quite a few of these problems in *all* the po files. (PR#39970)

> The problematic strings are:
> "* May be disbanded in a city to recover 50% of the production cost.\n"
> "* May fortify, granting a 50% defensive bonus.\n"
>
> How do you remove the c-format?

Some in data/helpdata.txt and various rulesets have:
   #, no-c-format

They have:
   /* xgettext:no-c-format */

I'll add it immediately!