Further examination the problem disappears when suppressing the flag to permit
multiple players to move simultaneously.  Because I am using the default
screens which are given on the basic download of the new release, I cannot set
the frequency of autosave.
Please advise
   a) How do I set autosave to each turn.  (It is hidden in the easy
distribution)
   b) Is there any easy way of saving a list of further options, for use at
each load.

FYI
   a) The government had changed to Monarchy several turns ago.
   b) The save was "Save Game As" with a live client
   c) I am not, unfortunately, good enough with programming on Intel to
recompile from source, but I will try.
   d) I will dig up several relevant saves & forward, sometime this week.

I have very basic C++ knowledge, downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ express.  What
source language hyave you used for the project?

Thank you all volunteers. > Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:21:19 -0800> Subject: Re:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#40036) 2.1.2 savegame data loss on rapid saves> From: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > <URL:
http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=40036 >> > William Allen Simpson
wrote on Jan 23, 04:01 (-0800):> > Martin Rubinstein wrote:> > > When saving,
(playing standalone, all other players AI), data appears to be lost.> > >
Latest time government type reverted to Despotism from Monarchy> > > > You mean
the government was Monarchy at the beginning of the turn and> > changed to
Despotism? How do I reproduce? Please attach before and after> > savegames to
your reply.> > This usually happens when the client dies. Then the server
continues to run> for a short time, aitoggles the human player and produces a
last all AI> savegame. This appears in top of the savegame list when you
restart the> client. Since AI switches often government to despotism, thats
what you'll> find.>!
  > At least this is my wild guess ;-)> > Christian> > -- > Christian Knoke * *
* http://cknoke.de> * * * * * * * * * Ceterum censeo Microsoft esse
dividendum.> >
Overpaid or Underpaid? Check our comprehensive Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Emycareer%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%3Fs%5Fcid%3D595810&_t=766724125&_r=Hotmail_Email_Tagline_MyCareer_Oct07&_m=EXT
Further examination the problem disappears when suppressing the flag to permit multiple players to move simultaneously.  Because I am using the default screens which are given on the basic download of the new release, I cannot set the frequency of autosave.
Please advise
   a) How do I set autosave to each turn.  (It is hidden in the easy distribution)
   b) Is there any easy way of saving a list of further options, for use at each load.

FYI
   a) The government had changed to Monarchy several turns ago.
   b) The save was "Save Game As" with a live client
   c) I am not, unfortunately, good enough with programming on Intel to recompile from source, but I will try.
   d) I will dig up several relevant saves & forward, sometime this week.

I have very basic C++ knowledge, downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ express.  What source language hyave you used for the project?

Thank you all volunteers.

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:21:19 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#40036) 2.1.2 savegame data loss on rapid saves
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> William Allen Simpson wrote on Jan 23, 04:01 (-0800):
> > Martin Rubinstein wrote:
> > > When saving, (playing standalone, all other players AI), data appears to be lost.
> > > Latest time government type reverted to Despotism from Monarchy
> >
> > You mean the government was Monarchy at the beginning of the turn and
> > changed to Despotism? How do I reproduce? Please attach before and after
> > savegames to your reply.
>
> This usually happens when the client dies. Then the server continues to run
> for a short time, aitoggles the human player and produces a last all AI
> savegame. This appears in top of the savegame list when you restart the
> client. Since AI switches often government to despotism, thats what you'll
> find.
>
> At least this is my wild guess ;-)
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Knoke * * * http://cknoke.de
> * * * * * * * * * Ceterum censeo Microsoft esse dividendum.

Check our comprehensive Salary Centre Overpaid or Underpaid?