Thank you for the message.  The program was running on Windows Vista home
Basic.  If you would like me to try to recompile with logging options & run,
please advise a suitable source with all libraries, make, etc.
I have the basic Microsoft Visual C++ express free C++ compiler. > Date: Wed,
23 Jan 2008 04:01:23 -0800> Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#40036) 2.1.2
savegame data loss on rapid saves> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]> > > <URL: http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=40036 >> >
Martin Rubinstein wrote:> > When saving, (playing standalone, all other players
AI), data appears to be lost.> > Latest time government type reverted to
Despotism from Monarchy> > You mean the government was Monarchy at the
beginning of the turn and> changed to Despotism? How do I reproduce? Please
attach before and after> savegames to your reply.> > Other examples of loss?> >
> > If there is any way to log what the system is doing, please advise - it
appears to be some sort of timing problem when the "Game Save" option does not
wait for processing to finish.> > > Yes, there is extensive logging available,
but you have to compile the game> yourself. ./autogen.sh --!
 enable-debug> > See http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Install to learn more.> > >
> Is there a way to advise the server to wait until all commands have been
processed, then save.> > The save command is merely another command in a stream
of commands, so> processing should already be done in order. Need more
examples!> > Processing could be delayed somehow to an appropriate point in the
turn,> such as new turn or new phase. But that would prevent multiple saves
per> turn. I know that I use that when debugging, so I'm not in favor.> > > >
For your information, I was saving at high frequency during this error problem
to go back & find out what I (& the AI) were doing - I am used to the
commercial game which does not work on Vista.> > > Well, the idea above won't
work for that, as it would drop rapid saves....> > Why not set the "Turns per
autosave" option to 1, and let the game do all> the saving?> >
It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT
Thank you for the message.  The program was running on Windows Vista home Basic.  If you would like me to try to recompile with logging options & run, please advise a suitable source with all libraries, make, etc.
I have the basic Microsoft Visual C++ express free C++ compiler.

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 04:01:23 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#40036) 2.1.2 savegame data loss on rapid saves
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Martin Rubinstein wrote:
> > When saving, (playing standalone, all other players AI), data appears to be lost.
> > Latest time government type reverted to Despotism from Monarchy
>
> You mean the government was Monarchy at the beginning of the turn and
> changed to Despotism? How do I reproduce? Please attach before and after
> savegames to your reply.
>
> Other examples of loss?
>

> > If there is any way to log what the system is doing, please advise - it appears to be some sort of timing problem when the "Game Save" option does not wait for processing to finish.
> >
> Yes, there is extensive logging available, but you have to compile the game
> yourself. ./autogen.sh --enable-debug
>
> See http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Install to learn more.
>

> > Is there a way to advise the server to wait until all commands have been processed, then save.
>
> The save command is merely another command in a stream of commands, so
> processing should already be done in order. Need more examples!
>
> Processing could be delayed somehow to an appropriate point in the turn,
> such as new turn or new phase. But that would prevent multiple saves per
> turn. I know that I use that when debugging, so I'm not in favor.
>

> > For your information, I was saving at high frequency during this error problem to go back & find out what I (& the AI) were doing - I am used to the commercial game which does not work on Vista.
> >
> Well, the idea above won't work for that, as it would drop rapid saves....
>
> Why not set the "Turns per autosave" option to 1, and let the game do all
> the saving?

Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au. It's simple!