Further information - the problem is not in the basic Freeciv program, but in
the Windows Vista distribution which automaticalloy sets certain defaults which
cause errors.
   a) The switch to turn on AI after a player disconnects should default to OFF.
   b) The default to allow simultaneous player moves should be OFF.Thanks very
much for all the help.

> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 02:40:56 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#40036) 2.1.2 savegame data loss on rapid
> saves> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > <URL:
> http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=40036 >> > Jason Dorje Short
> wrote:> > Unfortunately I don't seem to get this behavior anymore, though
> people> > keep reporting its symptoms. Every time I kill my client the
> server> > saves the game properly, without aitoggling the human.> > > That
> supposedly was fixed, although I cannot find the PR# or the commit....> >
> common/game.h:297: #define GAME_DEFAULT_AUTO_AI_TOGGLE FALSE> > > Martin
> Rubinstein wrote:> # a) How do I set autosave to each turn. (It is hidden in
> the easy distribution)> > It's documented several ways, have you tried the
> extensive Help menus?> > The easiest is typing /saveturns 1 in the Chat
> command line.> > For the 2.1 GTK2 gui, you'll find it under menu Game ->
> Server Options ->> Internal -> saveturns ("Turns per auto-save")> > > # b) Is
> there any easy wa!
 y of saving a list of further options, for use at each load.> > There are
several ways, have you tried Game -> Save Options?> > > And while you are
looking at Game -> Server Options, you might check the> value of Network ->
autotoggle ("Whether AI-status toggles with connection")> > We're speculating
that you accidentally set it to On?> >
New music from the Rogue Traders - listen now!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=832&referral=hotmailtaglineOct07&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/roguetraders
Further information - the problem is not in the basic Freeciv program, but in the Windows Vista distribution which automaticalloy sets certain defaults which cause errors.
   a) The switch to turn on AI after a player disconnects should default to OFF.
   b) The default to allow simultaneous player moves should be OFF.

Thanks very much for all the help.

> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 02:40:56 -0800

> Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#40036) 2.1.2 savegame data loss on rapid saves
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> > Unfortunately I don't seem to get this behavior anymore, though people
> > keep reporting its symptoms. Every time I kill my client the server
> > saves the game properly, without aitoggling the human.
> >
> That supposedly was fixed, although I cannot find the PR# or the commit....
>
> common/game.h:297: #define GAME_DEFAULT_AUTO_AI_TOGGLE FALSE
>

> Martin Rubinstein wrote:
> # a) How do I set autosave to each turn. (It is hidden in the easy distribution)
>
> It's documented several ways, have you tried the extensive Help menus?
>
> The easiest is typing /saveturns 1 in the Chat command line.
>
> For the 2.1 GTK2 gui, you'll find it under menu Game -> Server Options ->
> Internal -> saveturns ("Turns per auto-save")
>

> # b) Is there any easy way of saving a list of further options, for use at each load.
>
> There are several ways, have you tried Game -> Save Options?
>

> And while you are looking at Game -> Server Options, you might check the
> value of Network -> autotoggle ("Whether AI-status toggles with connection")
>
> We're speculating that you accidentally set it to On?

Listen now! New music from the Rogue Traders.