> [wsimpson - Sun Feb 03 12:30:40 2008]:
>
> Jason Short wrote:
> > Saving and loading doesn't generally give identical AI behavior so if
> > this is caused by AI units moving or something then you won't get the
> > same behavior from the savegame most likely.
> >
> I've argued about this before (PR#39365), and it damn well SHOULD!
>
> I've spent a fair amount of time getting 2.1 to be reproducible, by
> checking and saving all myrand() states.  Time to do again for 2.2!
> (Necessary, but tedious.  Another ticket for another time.)

For sure.  I did some work on this in the past (there's an old old
ticket about it) but never got past AI reproducibility problems.

> Meanwhile, this report has two problems listed.  Let's dedicate it to
> solving the client issue (leaving the server issue for the next ticket):
>
> (civclient:17913): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_progress_set_percentage: assertion
> `percentage >= 0 && percentage <= 1.0' failed
> 2: Verbindung zum Server verloren!
>
> The civclient.c line number is bogus, there are currently 807 lines.

That's not civclient.c, that's civclient!

> The log message is merely:
>
> #: client/clinet.c:143 client/clinet.c:144
> msgid "Lost connection to server!"
> msgstr "Verbindung zum Server verloren!"
>
> So, how is gtk_progress_set_percentage() called?
>
> There's no direct reference anywhere in the code, and nothing seems
relevant
> in clinet.c at all!  It's probably unrelated.
>
> Anybody out there understand the GTK2 client enough to track this down?

Possibly.  Note that the GTK error is likely completely unrelated to the
disconnect, possibly having occurred many turns earlier.

There are two places gtk_progress is used, in citydlg production
progress and in the science progress dialog.  At a glance I'd guess that
the error happens because a negative value is set for one of these
progress bars.  This would be most likely if freecost or one of the
other *cost server options is set, causing "total research" to fall
below 0.  It's also possible for city production to exceed 100% (as for
settlers in a size-0 city) but this happens so often it is no doubt not
the cause.

Chris, were you playing with freecost or a similar option?

-jason