On Feb 3, 2008 6:44 PM, William Allen Simpson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've poked and prodded this, and cannot get it to crash again.  My guess is
> that it's an array overrun of some kind from elsewhere, as the ->location is
> the first entry in the common/vision.h struct vision_site{}.  The values in
> the reports might be consistent with a string on a little-endian machine.
>
> Jason, could you valgrind the PR#40068 savegame on a little-endian machine
> and see whether you can detect anything?

There doesn't seem to be much to be gained from the savegame.  It has
saveturns=1 and no tririeme present.  Playing a couple turns does not
give any obvious memory errors.

If this value is on the stack, what is right next to it that might be
overrun in memory?

-jason