I love the game, but the computer jargon is over my head.  Not sure if this
technically qualifies as a bug, but as a attempt to attack a city I get an
error report saying that the assertion failed.  This always happens when
attacking a city diagonally, and almost all the time when attacking straight
on.  It makes the game impossible to win.  Is this something on my end or is
it a problem with the game?

Cheers,

Adam