2008/6/9 Jason Dorje Short:
>>  Fixing that so that passengers never occupy cities also avoids above
>> crash (which is caused by enemy unit on board conquering city when
>> transport arrives and then city is no longer owned by transport owner.
>> Enemy unit on board is not a bug during civil war)
>
> Good explanation but how does that cause the assertion?

 In the failing assert
 unit_owner(punit) == city_owner(new_pcity)
 punit is transporter and new_pcity is new homecity transport is moving to.

 really_unit_change_homecity() is called for transporter when another
city is transferred to rebels. In the beginning of the function
transport owner == city owner. Then transport teleports ( move_unit()
) to new homecity and enemy on board conquers it. Now city is owned by
enemy -> transport owner != city owner.

 --

 I don't like teleporting units in general, and teleporting with
passengers even less. But the alternative is to sometimes drown all

 - ML