This is a pre-emptive meta-ticket for the 2.2 release. Any tickets
which the new release should depend on should be linked here.

In order to get new features faster to end-users I'd like to make
feature releases more often (with smaller changesets)
My suggestion:
 - 2.2 should be released as soon as Madeline's editor work is
finished and current bugs are fixed. Other features may go in as long
as they do not postpone release schedule. I hope to implement some of
the most important features missing from scripting. First beta could
come out in about two months.
 - We will branch S2_3 from S2_2 branch some time after editor is in.
2.3 will contain remaining features earlier planned for S2_2 and some
minor new ones (We really should provide IPv6 version soon. Debian and
other distributions based on it of course have patched version of
Freeciv with IPv6 support already)

 - ML