2008/6/22 Per I. Mathisen:

> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Daniel Markstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> IMHO another must-fix for 2.2 first beta is some kind of update to the
>> default tilesets. William's new terrain rules have outdated all 2.1
>> tilesets. "Wooded hills" provide different resources from "verdant hills",
>> for example, but use the same sprite and often exist in the same general
>> area. If we release a beta without doing anything about this, I can
>> promise it'll generate alot of negative buzz among veteran users.
>>
>> For starters, I will make ugly-but-usable tweaks to the current default
>> tilesets, while trying to recruit the services of our artist community.
>
> I would rather suggest these terrain code changes are reverted. I see
> no good reason for them other than the inane "we have to do it like
> game XYZ". Even with new graphics they will be quite confusing.

 Default ruleset should have same terrains 2.1 had + second ocean
type. The second ocean type still has several display problems
(#18466)

 Reverting other terrains is one of the goals of the #40165 . There is
also some 'compatibility' changes that tweak savegame identifiers when
use same identifiers, I don't see how this cleanup is worth the
savegame handling trouble)

 - ML