> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Mo 23. Jun 2008, 15:54:33]:
>
> Maybe I miss something, but: your backtrace in this ticket shows the
> crash happening on a successful read, not on a write error.  It also
> shows SDL and GTK code being mixed together, what's up with that?
>
> -jason

As I understand it, the read was successful, but while the received data
is being handled, the connection gets lost, which gets detected when
trying to send data to the server in request_new_unit_activity(). The
write error then causes the client to switch to pre-game state, which
causes the unit pointer to be freed.

SDL is used for sound output and on Windows the main() function is
wrapped by SDL_main() which does some Windows-specific initialization.