This is just a request for ideas at this point.  The saveturns variable
is set to 10 by default and without hack access cannot be changed.  This
means in any public game (ggz, pubserver) it is stuck at 10 unless some
server script is used to change it.

Now, 10 is not a good value.

For GGZ which tracks savegames and allows reloading it'd be best to have
turn-by-turn saving or even to allow the /save command to be used with
no parameters.  It'd also be desirable for each savegame to overwrite
the previous one I'd think, so the savegame was just called
civgame.sav.gz rather than civgame-3500.sav.gz.  I suppose a GGZ default
rc file could be created and installed but there's no way to have the
save name skip the year postfix.

I'm fairly sure pubserver set the saveturns value to 1.  It might have
been changeable with ctrl access at that time however.

In single-player games I really think 1 is a better value on modern
computers.

-jason