2008/6/24 Madeline Book:

> Actually if you now try the new editor in S2_2 and trunk with
> the civ1 or civ2 rulesets you will find some very weird stuff
> in the terrain list. For example volcanoes and oceanic ridges
> that were never in civ1,2, and multiple duplicate terrain
> types. It's a big mess and the ruleset files should probably
> be reverted (but will the old versions still work with the
> new code?).

 All rulesets require all terrain types when used with this new code
(William himself told so, I don't know all the details) At least all
the numerous ocean types are required because code uses hardcoded
terrain identifiers and game probably crashes if ruleset does not
provide ocean type for certain identifier (and there can be only one
identifier for each terrain).

 My plan is to restore code flexibility so that ruleset can decide how
many, and which kind of terrains, it provides. This is not necessarily
done by reverting earlier code changes (and I'm afraid it's not easy
to revert such big patches after all the code alterations since
original patches went in).

 - ML