> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Sun Jun 22 19:05:53 2008]:
>
> Madeline Book wrote:
> >
> >> [dmarks - Sun Jun 22 08:27:57 2008]:
> >>
> >> Did you sort out the licensing of these gfx? I see it has been
> >> added to svn but is still lacking an accompanying .spec so I
> >> cannot see how attribution has been worked out.
> >
> > The spec file is in the latest patch in #40184 which I will
> > commit as soon as I can (the speed of RT permitting :/).
> >
> > Unless there is some problem with the CC license or
> > unattributed graphics (e.g. no license public domain)?
> > Do all graphics have to be GPL and GPL only?
>
> It would be extremely convenient if everything were GPL.
> Mixed licenses are possible but then we need to change COPYING
> and other files to make it clear.  Dual-license is fine; if you
> can get the original authors to release the graphics under
> multiple licenses.

So I was reading up on the difference between the CC
license used for the tango icons that I have adapted
for the editor (actually the license is CC-BY-SA), and
according to this page
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html
it is incompatible with the GNU GPL. :(

I'll ask again on the forums for some graphics artists to
contribute a new icon set for the editor (the current set
is not that great anyway, being the result of my noobish
gimp skills and pilfered from unrelated sources, giving
the whole set a rather inconsistent style, and also
lacking a military base icon). Anyway wasn't this the
project with more artists than coders? hehe

> Public domain files are fine to include as GPL.

Ok.