On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 03:26:49PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> Any idea if this is present on 2.1/2.2/trunk?  How do I set up a server
> with authentication anyway?

(...mostly from memory...)

used to be just ./autogen.sh --enable-auth=yes or something like that
and then pass -a or --auth to server (there's some new code I don't
recognize in auth.c regarding server authentication with configuration
from file)

unfortunately you currently have to have a mysql server running with
the correct set of tables to make it work.

attached is my original text database. this was back before user_db.c
became auth.c. A little tweaking to the auth.c functions and you can
dispense with the mysql dependency.