On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:20:59 +0900, Andreas Røsdal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Andreas Røsdal wrote:
Hello!

Here is a new demo of the Freeciv web client:
http://freeciv-web.game-host.org:8080/freeciv-web/login.jsp

What's needed is a server-side library that can interface with your code
(i.e., the http interface).  Speaking of which, where is your code?

-jason

In that case we need a Java library for the J2EE server (Resin) which
gives the web client access to the GGZ functionality.

I haven't uploaded the code anywhere yet. I could probably get it done
fairly soon though.

  - Andreas

Don't forget http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv/branches/freeciv-web/

~Daniel

I've uploaded the source code of the web client here for now:
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~andrearo/web-client/

If anyone actually manages to get it running on their own system
I would be really impressed.  :)

It would be excellent with some feedback on the main mapview
rendering code of the web client. For example, if the main architecture
is sane and can perform and scale sufficiently to host real games
online. At the moment there is a some delay between events on the server
and what is rendered in the web client. This is very noticable when
many units are moving. Perhaps more of the rendering logic should
be moved to the Javascript part of the code. Also, anything which can be
done to reduce the resource usage (memory, CPU, bandwidth) will help
to make it more scalable...

Once enough functionality is ready, I think it would be exciting to setup a real server with the web client running on it. How is the Freeciv donations account doing these days? :)

 - Andreas