Forwarding from the wiki (http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Help!)

--
I'm having a go at writing an interstellar modpack, which would enable you
to play at a planetary level. However, although my tileset (a hacked
version of amplio) and the rulesets will work with freeciv's map
generator, this does not allow for nice generation of stars with planets
and things in orbit. I have written a map generator in perl to do this,
but, when I try to load it, it gives me several error messages from the
server, as follows:

1: The server appears to have gotten into an infinite loop in the
allocation of starting positions. Maybe the number of players is too high
for this map. Please report this bug at http://www.freeciv.org/.
civserver: mapgen.c:1252: map_fractal_generate: Assertion '0' failed.
Aborted

The modpack and generator are available at
http://sjlegg.googlepages.com/interstellar.tar.bz2. --Sjl 19:47, 26 June
2008 (UTC)