From: Per Inge Mathisen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 11 August 2008 4:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#40407) Wishlist for Freeciv

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Nicolas R. Wadhwani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Attached patch is one way of how this feature could be implemented in
current
> trunk version. I created two new options in the game for this: one on the
> server side called "seecitydefender", which is disabled by default. Once
> enabled the server will send the info about the strongest unit occupying
any
> city within vision so it can be displayed.

The problem with this idea is that "strongest unit" is a relative
term. Which unit is chosen as defender depends on which unit is used
as the attacker. So this patch would often give the player false
information, which is, IMHO, worse than no information.

  - Per