> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Tue Sep 09 22:50:24 2008]:
>
> 2008/9/10 Madeline Book:
> >
> > A second idea for dealing with autotoggle: have the client
> > send autotoggle=0 after the take command when the game is
> > loaded. This would then avoid the situation where a player
> > loads a game, chooses an AI player, and then wonders why
> > nothing happens when they press turn done. By turning
> > autotoggle off immediately afterwards, it also avoids the
> > situations where autotoggle sets wrong players to AI mode
> > under exceptional circumstances (the original issue raised
> > in this ticket).
>
>  This doesn't respect autotoggle setting from savegame.
>
>  Why client needs to change autotoggle in the first place? After all,
> autotoggle should have quite well defined meaning. ISn't it working,
> if autotoggle is off, game is saved and again loaded with same
> player??

For the same player, yes it works. I assume the autotoggle
was there so that upon loading a game, the user could choose
an AI player (set as AI in the savegame) to play as without
knowing how to toggle that player's state.

Actually I think the best thing to do now would be to remove
the sending of autotoggle (as per the first patch) and later
also remove the "load game" page (the one where the user sees
only a list of players/nations), since this can now be done
from the pregame page using the improved connection/player
list.