I am running Freeciv-2.1.6-win-gtk2 on Windows Vista.

It is approximately 0 AD, I have had Marco Polo's Embassy for a while, and
all 19 AIs are living under Despotism.  The number of turns for a revolution
is at most 4, but for some reason the AIs do not consider it worthwile to
change government.  Some of them have had knowledge of Monarchy for ages but
they will not change.  I doubt there is any realistic situation where an AI
would not benefit from changing from Despotism to Monarchy.

I have been doing a lot of loading and saving so this might be related to
the load/save revolutions bug (#14333), but I have never seen an AI get
stuck in anarchy.

On a related note, the AIs should be more eager to research Monarchy and
Republic.