On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Daniel Markstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Wed Sep 17 18:55:06 2008]:
> >
> > I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and FreeCIV 2.1.6 GTK. When I click
> on
> > the main menu items (i.e File menu item) they will not remain open unless
> > keep the left mouse button pressed down.
> > I even uninstalled the program and cleaned out all the files then
> > reinstalled to see if it was a problem with the installation but that did
> > not appear to help. I haven't tried on a 32bit Vista installation so it
> > could be a Vista specific problem rather than a 64/32 bit problem.
> >

> Running the same Freeciv version on Vista Home Premium SP1 32bit, I cannot
> reproduce this.
>
> Have you tried other GTK apps on the same system? How about earlier
> versions of Freeciv?
>
> Best,
>  ~Daniel

I am running other GTK apps (mainly Inkscape) and that one works fine.
Pidgin (GAIM) also works ok. I tried downloading version 2.1.99 and it
appears to be happening as well and on version 2.1.5 also. It starts off
that you can see the outline of the menu then it actually draws the entire
menu but a second or so later it disappears.

I suspect it might be related to the 64bit version of Vista because I am
unable to reproduce it on my 32bit Vista laptop. Is there some kind of dump
our output that I can get and pass along to make it easier?

--
Dennis d'Entremont
IT Professional CNA, MCP, A+, ITIL