Following the notion in 40360 and various dev and maintainer list
postings, I put forward that trunk be replaced by S2_2, sooner rather
than later.

The removal of the embassy code is not necessary; whether embassies
exist as a game element should be controlled by a ruleset field or a
server setting.

As for 39730, having been in 2.1 for a while, and no serious bugs
reported related to those changes (that I can find, but can anybody
confirm 39918?), it would appear to be pretty safe.

As for 40052, the patch is small and easily transferred.

Anything else? I did scan over the branch diff (excluding po/)
and that would appear to be all differences.

Otherwise, Jason go ahead and merge the branches as described
in 40360.