No objection from here.

I spent a fair chunk of time comparing diffs from 2.2 and trunk to see
if the development branch had any patches that were missing from 2.2.
I found a few minor ones (all mine IIRC) but eventually bogged down in
the large diff.  I'd say after another examination of the differences
if you can't find anything we should feel free to delete & move.

I'm not at a development box until the 11th when I get back home.
However if you examine the branches and give the go-ahead I can do the
SVN operations through the cvs.freeciv.org machine if you like.

For the record, I think the process would be:

svn delete .../trunk
svn move .../S2_2 .../trunk

Does that sound right?  It might be "remove" instead of "delete".

-jason