> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Thu Nov 27 00:35:28 2008]:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I tried to make a GStreamer audio plugin for Freeciv. It's a work in
> progress but it already works well. It's my first contribution so,
> please let me know if there are any rules I break.

When compiling with --enable-debug I get the following errors:

audio_gst.c: In function `my_shutdown':
audio_gst.c:40: warning: unused variable `ret'
audio_gst.c: In function `my_play':
audio_gst.c:83: warning: implicit declaration of function `g_strcmp0'

These can be easily fixed (please always use --enable-debug
for testing patches).

When I use the gst plugin and a sound should be played, instead
no sound is produced and I get the following error messages
from the client:

(<unknown>:18419): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_ref: assertion
`object != NULL' failed

(<unknown>:18419): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add: assertion
`GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(<unknown>:18419): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

It could be that my system is not setup right for gstreamer
(I had to install gstreamer-0.10.21 from source to get configure
to recognize it). Maybe I need some specific gstreamer plugins
or something?

The style is good, it is just not the freeciv coding style. :)
Check out: http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Coding_Style

If in doubt look at recent patches that were committed and
try to match their style (or just ask if the guide is not
clear).