Additional details from forum user bravoman78:

I already uninstalled 2.1.8 so I can't provide a savegame.  The bug
occurred both when starting a new game and loading any of my old save
games.  Below are some of the tests I ran on a new game:

Server Settings: Default
Starting units: Explorer, 2 Workers, 2 Settlers.
Test Scenario 1
Moved Explorer, moved settlers, set worker 1 to build road, worker 2 to
build irrigation.
Clicked Turn Done: Result = Lost Connection to Server (same error message)

Test Scenario 2
Moved Explorer, dismissed workers, set settler 1 to build road, settler
2 to build irrigation.
Clicked Turn Done: Result = Lost Connection to Server (same error message)

Test Scenario 3
No units moved.
Clicked Turn Done: Result = Lost Connection to Server (same error message)