On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Auel Neider <auelneide...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, im very like with your game. but unfortunately, freeciv 2.1.8 made my
> system crashed. im using mandriva 2009.0 and i downloaded freeciv from
> official source (RPM). the crashed system happened after i played for hours,
> when the crash almost same with when you logged out (x server restarted),
> then want to log in again, its happen repeatedly so i have no choice than to
> ¨hard-shutdown¨ it. then i played the autosave again. one day my system cant
> recover after the crash so it wont boot. i reinstall my system again. so i
> would be pleased if this dont happened again. tx for your attention.

It seems rather unlikely that Freeciv would have anything to do with
such a crash. The window system and the kernel would not permit
Freeciv to take down the rest of the system in the event of a failure
inside Freeciv itself. The only issue could be if you play in
fullscreen mode, and somehow it gets stuck in that state in the event
of an error, but I do not know much about that since I never play in
fullscreen mode.

  - Per