Some cities have squares in their zone (ie they should be able to work them for
food and production) that are "redded out", despite the fact that there are no
other cities using these squares, and no enemy units or cities for miles.

I am just guessing here, but it may be that those squares contained an enemy
unit when I took control of the city.

The new Windows Live Messenger has landed. Download it here.
http://download.live.com/
Some cities have squares in their zone (ie they should be able to work them for food and production) that are "redded out", despite the fact that there are no other cities using these squares, and no enemy units or cities for miles.

I am just guessing here, but it may be that those squares contained an enemy unit when I took control of the city.

Download it here. The new Windows Live Messenger has landed.