On 10/04/2009, Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Raahul and I am the original creator of the layered combat patch.
> I was just wondering if a new updated version would be interesting, and what
> design issues need
> to be fixed before the patch can be accepted? The obvious issue that this
> patch fixes is the invincible one bomber, 20 mech inf stack. The only way to
> attack this stack is with fighters, and that pits weak fighters against the
> strongest defensive unit in the game.

In online multiplayer games this is considered a feature, and is a commonly
occuring strategy. I briefly looked over PR#2581 and I if you provide an
updated version for trunk (i.e. 2.2) that would be fine. Just make it a ruleset
option, for example like killstack. It would substantially change the game
mechanics so I would make the default value off (i.e. preserve the exiting
behavior). You can raise the idea in the forums and perhaps get some
input about how a ruleset using your setting could be better balanced.