Am Sunday 12 April 2009 04:16:10 schrieb Madeline Book:

> I committed gold_upkeep_v4.patch; is unit_upkeep.patch.diff
> intended to be applied on top of it as part of this ticket?
> Or perhaps it is already included in #40759-64?

Yesterday I only wanted to send the patches and go to sleep. Yes,
unit_upkeep.patch.diff is included in 40759

> Anyway looking over the changes in it, I see that some
> things could be further optimized:
>
> - Since the upkeep value is removed from struct unitgold,
>   the entire unitgold vector can be simplified to an array
>   (c99 dynamic array if possible) of unit pointers.

I tried to change unitgold_vector to units_list but I did not get it to work.
To get something out, I did not changed this part. How would a c99 dynamic
array look like?

> - Perhaps the values of the unit upkeep field should be
>   sent in unit info packets so that they do not have to
>   be recomputed at the client side.

I will look into this.

> That's just what strikes me briefly glancing at the code.
> I'll give it a more thorough check later.

I will send some comments to the patches shortly