>As currently implemented, this patch is huge step backwards in
>relation to gen-movement. It even restores some functions we have
>worked so hard to get rid of. It assumes a lot of unit class related
>things to always be like they are in default ruleset (checking
>is_ground_unit() & co instead of actual unit class properties). My
>stealthy super spies are considered submarines :-)
>I've not spent time on detailed analysis if, and how, these issues
>can be corrected. It seems obvious starting point that layer unit
>belongs to is part of unit class definition.

>Good thing is that this is implemented as ruleset option. If above
>issues can be solved, I'm all for taking this option to game.

>- ML

Sure, so do you want me to change unit definitions to include what layer
a unit is? Something like enum{"Air","Underwater","Land","Sea"}. I did
think that adding this kind of definition was redundant with move types of
units already defined, but unfortunately that cursed helicopter move type
makes simple things difficult. Or I could just add a new unitclass_submarine
and get the unitclass return type to help me out in making the layer
judgements.
I think you only have a problem with use of is ground unit and is sub unit, not
with use of unit class flags?

Which way is better?

I take it is_sub_unit, is_air_unit and the rest that I added to movement.h can
just go away?

By the way, the flags for Spy and diplomat are:

flags         = "Diplomat", "IgZOC", "NonMil", "Spy"

So nope, no land attack and partial Invis combined except for submarine.

Aloha,
RK.

      Yahoo!7 recommends that you update your browser to the new Internet
Explorer 8.Get it now.