D'oh!

By the time I worked through everything else, and added the --disable-nls, I
forgot the --enable-client=web :-(

Sorry!

Now, however, I'm stuck

It would seem that make can't find soap-server.h nanohttp-logging.h and then
libxml.h

I mucked with symlinks in /usr/include to make it get past all that...
Probably a Bad Idea...

Now I have this:

gcc  -g -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations    -o civclient   audio_sdl.o attribute.o
citydlg_common.o cityrepdata.o civclient.o chatline_common.o
connectdlg_common.o climisc.o climap.o clinet.o colors_common.o control.o
editor.o ggzclient.o goto.o helpdata.o mapctrl_common.o mapview_common.o
messagewin_common.o overview_common.o packhand.o packhand_gen.o plrdlg_common.o
options.o repodlgs_common.o reqtree.o servers.o text.o themes_common.o
tilespec.o audio.o audio_none.o ../utility/libcivutility.a
../common/libcivcommon.a ../common/aicore/libaicore.a agents/libagents.a
gui-web/libguiclient.a ../utility/libcivutility.a  ../common/libcivcommon.a
../common/aicore/libaicore.a agents/libagents.a gui-web/libguiclient.a  -lm
-lSDL -lpthread -lSDL_mixer   -lbz2 -lz
gui-web/libguiclient.a(gui_main.o): In function `ui_main':
/home/rlynch/www/freeciv/freeciv/client/gui-web/gui_main.c:112: undefined
reference to `soap_server_init_args'
/home/rlynch/www/freeciv/freeciv/client/gui-web/gui_main.c:115: undefined
reference to `herror_code'
/home/rlynch/www/freeciv/freeciv/client/gui-web/gui_main.c:115: undefined
reference to `herror_message'
/home/rlynch/www/freeciv/freeciv/client/gui-web/gui_main.c:115: undefined
reference to `herror_func'
/home/rlynch/www/freeciv/freeciv/client/gui-web/gui_main.c:117: undefined
reference to `herror_release'

And about 40 other missing saop_* stuff. :-(

Any ideas?