2009/9/13 Matthias Pfafferodt <matthias.pfaffer...@mapfa.de>:
> Am Thursday 10 September 2009 15:42:56 schrieb Marko Lindqvist:
>> 2009/9/5 Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com>:
>> > Ruleset format freeze:
>> > Do we need to make any changes to ruleset format before 2.2 is
>> > released? Let me know of any such patches or plans. Ruleset format
>> > freeze means that people can start making rulesets against current
>> > freeciv codebase knowing that their ruleset will be 2.2 compatible.
>>
>>  Nobody commented that they have patches or plans for patches changing
>> ruleset format. We can declare ruleset format frozen?
>
> Possible patches which changes the ruleset are the tech upkeep
> (https://gna.org/patch/index.php?1264) and the variable city radii
> (https://gna.org/patch/?1235). While the first one could be ready for 2.2
> (for testing; the right numbers have to be found) the second one changes a
> basic game principle and needs some discussion.

 Neither of those seem so important that they should be added to
stabilizing branch (I'm not calling it "stable" just yet :-)
 For most part, only new features acceptable to S2_2 are those
improving usability or game balance.

 I have not yet commented to city radii series as a whole. I rather
finish work with preparatory patches (cleanup, refactoring) that do
not make actual rule changes and only when we see all the
possibilities those changes give us, decide the upper level details.

 - ML