On Sep 18, 2009, at 14:40 , Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>  Border system uses real distance, not the number of moves unit needs
> to travel between tiles nor manhattan distance.

        After a period of lurking, at last i am moved to speak out.  I
believe the border should be pushed out more effectively where travel
is easiest.  Presumably the borders are being extended 'culturally'
via traveling minstrels and suchlike.  In any case, i think borders
would have to be maintained by foot patrols - this would naturally be
more difficult in roadless areas.

Using a rusty Amiga 4000T, a shiny PowerMac G5, & a homebuilt Ubuntu box

Windows NT crash. I am the Blue Screen of Death. No one hears your
screams.