        Originator Email: goswin-...@web.de
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release: None

Hi,

centering the map in large maps is quite slow for whatever reason. That makes
it quite important to only center the map on interesting events and skip the
uninteresting ones:

- auto center on combat
  I don't really care if AI1 attacks AI2, both of which I am at war with. But
if someone attacks me I want to see it. It would be nice to have "auto center
on foreign combat" and "auto center on attacks". Or actualy 4 states: Attack
on me, attack on allies, attack on anyone, don't center.

  With the Appollo Project build this becomes a real problem.

- center on "inspect" in cities dialog
  Well, I don't want to center on the city when I select 50 cities and hit
"inspect". The client then centers on each city and opens the city dialog for
each in turn. The first 49 centerings are completly wasted and the last is
probably useless to the user too.
  On the other hand if I only select one city chances are that centering on
"inspect" is usefull.

MfG
   Goswin