> You check that transport is owned by client_player(). What abou
> those our caravans that arrive with allied transport?

unit_has_orders(punit) will always returns FALSE if the unit is not owned.
Maybe it should always make a popup in this case?

> While already iterating (only) our own units, you have redundant
> check if unit is owned by us

We don't make a popup if the cargo is not owned, because we cannot issue
orders on it.

I iterate all units in the transporter because usually, transported unit
infos are sent before the transporter unit.  Then the transporter unit is
always evaluated as having orders.