> And what if you don't want to set --Bind-meta but you need --bind?

Unfortunately, I cannot foresee all the possible network set-ups within which
civserver may be deployed.  So, I'd better leave such a feature to be
implemented by those who demand it.

> I am not convinced by the need of this feature.

To demonstrate the need for this feature, I've switched one of my civserver
instances to use port 9876 and the unpatched version of civserver with `-b
62.109.12.37' (instead of `-B 62.109.12.37'.)

Just now, I'm able to see my server in the list at
http://www.cazfi.net/freeciv/metaserver/, but, obviously, I won't be able to
connect to it (unless the address will be specified explicitly.)  Perhaps,
someone else would have better luck with it?

> Do you know also the --identity parameter? I think this is enough to do
> all that you need, right?

As of civserver 2.1.9, there's no such command line option, or, at least,
neither $ civserver --help, nor grep(1) over the source, reveals it.

Besides, using the peer address seems much more secure than using the
information contained within the HTTP request to the metaserver.

Thank you for your consideration.