Sure, it would be better to autogenerate from the effects system in
helpdata.c, but I don't know whether I'll find the time to do it soon. We've
got a 2.2 beta coming up and I wanted to plug the holes in the help ASAP. If
and when helpdata.c learns more about the effects system, the manual text can
be removed.

I realise that this plan potentially causes churn in the strings, especially
if I (or someone) does find time to teach helpdata.c more about the effects
system, which isn't good for translators.