I think the flag of Zaragoza looks promising. Perhaps enlarging the lion
emblem a bit. We'd have to ask the author to dual license the image, though,
since it's released under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license
which is incompatible with the GNU GPL according to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html .

The idea of a vertically striped flag sounds interesting as well and should
be simple to draw from scratch.

Some final comments: Translated strings must only include ascii, so the
accent over o in Aragón in the legend must go. Use a TRANS comment as in
f.e. danish.ruleset instead. I'd also recommend using conflicts_with with the
Spanish since Aragon is a part of modern Spain.

Nevertheless, this is a quality nationset. I'd love to see your other work.