Update of bug #15041 (project freeciv):

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #6:

I checked RT#40724 again.  It seems I missed understand the meaning of that
option:

Patch implements a client option to disable the behaviour
that makes units lose their orders/current activity when
they are selected. So when the option is not set to its
default value, clicking on a unit or selecting a group of
units with the selection rectangle or mass select
shortcuts (e.g. 'y') will not immediately make the units
stop what they are doing. Instead, the units' orders will
only be cleared when the user issues new orders (e.g.
goto somewhere else, a different activity, etc.) or when
<space> is pressed.

You are right on numerous points.  My problem was that I was unable to assign
new orders to one unit fortified (I don't remember if it was
CTIVITY_FORTIFYING or ACTIVITY_FORTIFIED).

In this case, shouldn't we consider adding a new key to free the orders of
the selected units?