Good patches attached.

> One thing I did wonder: on packet receipt, there are various
> sanity checks to deal with skew between client and server and
> throw away packets that made no sense; I wondered if changing
> from discarding to implicit cancellation might cause trouble in
> this sort of scenario; however, I don't yet understand the
> network side well enough to check this further. I did go back
> through svn and found no evidence that the "ACTIVITY_IDLE !=
> punit->activity" check was added due to a specific problem that
> had been encountered in the past.

I am not sure to understand all, your English skill is quite over my personal
capability to parse it.  I think that the only checks which are useful are the
ones which make sure the clients and server are synchronized (e.g. check the
start tile of a unit when issuing orders) and the ones which unsure the
clients are issuing legal commands.  All other may be removed, I think
(notably this stupid activity check, which doesn't make sense for legality,
neither for synchronization).