>> I dunno what capability are you talking about... As you said,
>> you just renamed a field of the packet, so it's not
>> a 'change', because neither the size, neither the order of the
>> fields has been changed.
>

> Yes there are no changes in the structure of the network
> packages (only renaming an integer) but somehow I have to decide
> if it is an old version, i.e the value of 'illness' is send over
> the network, or a new version which will only send the value of
> 'illness_trade'. Are there over capabilities than network
> capabilities?

I am not sure to understand but if the value reflects the same behaviour that
the old one, it doesn't require a capability change. The name of the fields
are not sent through the network. However, if this value does not have the
same meaning of the old one, there should be:

UINT16 illness; remove-cap(illness_trade)
UINT16 illness_trade; add-cap(illness_trade)

and both fields should be set when preparing the packet for sending.