> In addition, when I select the appropriate menu, I get the last item, not
the _About Ruleset_ one.

I don't see this, but that's presumably because I'm running Freeciv in
English.

I'm slightly dubious about changing mystrdup(HELP_RULESET_ITEM) to
mystrdup(_("About Ruleset")), as this duplicates the string "About Ruleset"
in two places -- helpdata.c and client/include/helpdlg_g.h, where
HELP_RULESET_ITEM is defined.

Is the right fix not to change all the definitions in helpdlg_g.h from the
form

#define HELP_RULESET_ITEM "About Ruleset"

#define HELP_RULESET_ITEM N_("About Ruleset")

(and add client/include/helpdlg_g.h to po/POTFILES.in)? Then you could write
mystrdup(_(HELP_RULESET_ITEM)).

Feels like this is a long-standing issue probably masked by the fact that the
strings defined there are also duplicated across all the clients. (In fact,
since the string "About Ruleset" appears i18n-marked in many clients,
mystrdup(_(HELP_RULESET_ITEM)) should work without marking up helpdlg_g.h.