I don't know if I understand this code correct but here is my
interpretation:

the added condition prevents the client to change the data / information
about the server. The server will never change, i.e. at least the address,
capabilities and username of the connection to the server will be constant as
long as this connection exists. So one patch in-between: only this values are
not change for the client's connection to the server. I tested it doing
different combinations of

* (re)connect to the server as observer; leave
* (re)connect; edit mode on / off; leave
* (re)connect as player; leave
* (re)connect using another user name; leave

(file #8314)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name:
version3-20100227-S2_2-do-not-change-the-status-of-the-connection-of-the-cl.patch
Size:1 KB