> I dunno, should really the "AD" stuff should be translated? For some locale
not using latin alphabet, the result of the year suffix will be empty...

This is the discussion which started this bug report. Some solutions without
the suffix:

'Y-<year>' if year < 0 and 'Y<year>' if year >= 0
'Y-<year>' if year < 0 and 'Y_<year>' if year >= 0
'Y<year>m' if year < 0 (minus) and 'Y<year>p' if year >= 0 (plus)

Furthermore an additional replacement string could be added:

[S] => <suffix>
[trS] => <translated suffix>

I'm OK with the current save name but would accept all of the proposed
settings as long as the turn and the year can be included.

> Maybe should we also take into account a C-like format like %03t for
example to have the turn number in %03d format? Just an idea.

I don't know how to do it, but for sorting the savegame something like %+4d
for the year would also be nice.

civgame-T002-Y0150m-manual.sav.bz2
civgame-T200-Y1150p-manual.sav.bz2