Subject: Paradrop always displays turns to target as "Unreachable"
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:10:57 +0000
To: rep...@rt.freeciv.org
From: Jacob Nevins <jacobn+freeci...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>

In the 2.1.0 Gtk2 client, when paradropping a Paratrooper unit, the unit
info on the left always says "Unreachable", regardless of whether the
cursor is over a point where the paradrop would succeed.

The attached screenshot illustrates this. It's from one of the betas
from before PR#39693 was fixed, so instead of "Unreachable" it says
"Turns to target: 1000000000 to -1", but the underlying bug is the same
and remains in the 2.1.0 release.

This is a cosmetic problem and doesn't impact the mechanics of the
paradrop. I'm not sure what it should display instead; I suspect the
display should be special-cased for the "paradrop" action. It would be
nice if there was an indication somewhere of whether the cursor was
within the 10-tile limit so that I didn't have to count tiles.

Running on Kubuntu Linux 6.06 ("Dapper").

File Attachments:

Date: Wednesday 03/10/10 at 01:00  Name: freeciv-2.1.0beta6-paradrop.png
Size: 820kB   By: jtn
Ancient screenshot illustrating the problem